Control and Process Safety Engineer
Would you like to join the next industrial revolution?
Remember the Kyoto Protocol?
Would you like to make green energy available for everyone, and be part of one of the coolest companies to revolutionize the delivery of renewable energy?
Based on a proven technology, we are eager to take part in saving the globe.
Our markets and targets are international, focusing initially on the UK, Germany, Norway, and Spain. Our clients will typically be industries where their production generates heat.
About the role
You will be part of the Technical Office in Sevilla and you will be supervising the development of the control engineering for our customer projects. You will be working closely with the rest of the Kyoto Group team, located in Norway, Denmark, the UK, and Spain.
You will supervise the control and process of safety engineering activities, which in some cases will be carried out by third parties. This activity needs to be developed in steady collaboration with the rest of the technical team.
In terms of engineering design, the goal of the Control and Process Safety Engineer is to ensure that such activities comply with: (i) international standards and codes in its field (ISA, KKS, IEC, ISO, ANSI/NEMA 250, UNE, CENELEC, etc.), (ii) site or client requirements and (iii) the Kyoto technical specifications.
Projects will likely be in Europe so consequently, both CE marking and UKCA marking are a must.
You will be part of the Control and Process Safety Engineering Department of Kyoto, which is part of the Technology team in Sevilla.
- Prepare the main control engineering project deliverables, or supervise the development by third parties, such as specifications of control systems, control architecture design, specification of control and communication networks, etc.
- Coordinate functional safety engineering activities, under standards and practices per IEC 61508 Functional Safety and IEC 61882 Hazop Studies – application guide.
- Be the lead engineer for the Safety in Design activities, reference standards might be: CDM Regulation 2015, GPDS Directive 2001/95/EC, ISO 31000, and ISO 12100.
- Be the technical manager of Time-And-Material or Supply Contracts, including Reviewing and evaluating engineering deliverables, preparing technical tabulations, releasing drawings for purchase or manufacture, etc.
- Collaborate and interface with other technical managers and colleagues, so that designs can be released for manufacturing.
- Represent Kyoto with vendors and subcontractors, including occasional attendance to FAT and SAT at shops or at projects of control systems.
- Assist the Project Execution Teams to liaise with suppliers and subcontractors for electrical installation, commissioning, or maintenance works.
Required skills & experience
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Industrial, Chemical, Energy or equivalent)
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience in engineering activities in projects of power plants, oil & gas, or the pharmaceutical industry
- Background in any of these types of equipment: control systems, process control, control logics, communications, functional safety, and safety in design
- Background and/or previous experience in installation activities or site configuration of control systems would be beneficial
- An effective communicator with an excellent level of oral and written English
- Entrepreneurial spirit, integrity, self-driven, passion for what you do
Interested in joining the team?
If you are motivated to take on a role in a fast-growing, scale-up company where we care about one another, enjoy working as one team in a progressive work environment, with a flat company hierarchy, and recognize that we are a diverse and committed team, we can offer you the unique possibility to impact climate change more than ever before.
We offer highly competitive terms and conditions with an extremely motivated team of 12 nationalities, speaking 13 languages, 30% female, spread over 4 countries.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kyoto is a Norwegian company founded in 2016 to capture and manage the abundant energy from variable renewable sources such as solar and wind power and apply it to reduce the CO2 footprint for industrial thermal loads. The Company is positioned to be an early mover thermal company focused on heat sales, integrating both thermal sales and flexibility into a product and by this making Kyoto highly competitive.
Market & Products
The Company plans to sell and operate Heatcube thermal batteries (the “Heatcube”), enabling industrial consumption of low-cost heat sourced from excess solar and wind energy (excess meaning low-priced electricity). Kyoto will also operate Kyotopia, the SCADA and Energy Management System that manages the consumption of renewable energy, ensuring low cost and CO2 neutrality. Hence, Kyoto aims to offer both a low-cost carbon-neutral heat product to end users and balancing services and flexibility to power producers and grid operators.
Culture and Values
At Kyoto Group our values are our key differentiator and each and every one working with and for us, do our outmost to let our values guide us every day. We Care for our people and our planet. We are Determined to reach our ambition hence we focus on the solutions rather than the problem. We are Enthusiastic and we show passion for what we do.