Electrical Design Engineer
Would you like to join the next industrial revolution?
Remember the Kyoto Protocol?
Would you like to make green energy available for everyone, and be part of one of the coolest companies to revolutionize the delivery of renewable energy?
Based on a proven technology, we are eager to take part in saving the globe.
Our markets and targets are international, focusing initially on the UK, Germany, Norway, and Spain. Our clients will typically be industries where their production generates heat.
About the role
You will be part of the Technical Office in Sevilla and you will be supervising electrical engineering activities, with a special focus on high voltage systems and equipment. This activity needs to be developed in steady collaboration with the rest of the technical team, located in Norway, Denmark, the UK, and Spain.
In terms of engineering design, the goal of the Electrical Engineer HV is to ensure that such activities comply with: (i) international standards (IEC, EMC, LVD, MD, EN 60076-1, etc.), (ii) site or client requirements and (ii) Kyoto technical specifications.
Projects will likely be in Europe so consequently, both CE marking and UKCA marking are a must.
As an Electrical Engineer HV in Kyoto, you will be part of the Engineering Department based in Sevilla, mainly focusing on high-voltage systems.
- Prepare the main HV electrical engineering project deliverables, or supervise the elaboration by third parties, such as electrical engineering standards, single line diagrams, transformer technical specifications, earthing technical specifications, short-circuit calculations, protection coordination reports, etc.
- Collaborate with the Business Development team in developing quotations and validating the feasibility of our projects within the client facilities.
- Be the technical manager of Time-And-Material or Supply Contracts, including Reviewing and evaluating engineering deliverables, preparing technical tabulations, releasing drawings for purchase or manufacture, etc.
- Collaborate and interface with other technical managers and colleagues, so that designs can be released for manufacturing.
- Represent Kyoto with vendors and subcontractors, as well as occasional attendance to FAT and SAT at shops or at projects of electrical systems.
- Assist the Project Execution Teams to liaise with suppliers and subcontractors for electrical installation, commissioning, or maintenance works.
Required skills & experience
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Industrial or in Electrical Engineering
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience in engineering activities in projects of power plants, oil & gas, or the pharmaceutical industry
- Background in any of these types of equipment and installations: power transformers, substations, PV power plants, electrical heaters, containerized solutions, and power cabinets
- Background and/or previous experience in electrical installation activities would be beneficial
- Expertise in any of the following software tools is desirable: ETAP, CYMCAP, Smart Draw, Electra E7, AutoCAD Electrical and Eplan
- Entrepreneurial spirit, integrity, self-driven, passion for what you do
- An effective communicator with an excellent level of oral and written English
Interested in joining the team?
If you are motivated to take on a role in a fast-growing, scale-up company where we care about one another, enjoy working as one team in a progressive work environment, with a flat company hierarchy, and recognize that we are a diverse and committed team, we can offer you the unique possibility to impact climate change more than ever before.
We offer highly competitive terms and conditions with an extremely motivated team of 12 nationalities, speaking 13 languages, 30% female, spread over 4 countries.
Send your CV to email@example.com
Kyoto is a Norwegian company founded in 2016 to capture and manage the abundant energy from variable renewable sources such as solar and wind power and apply it to reduce the CO2 footprint for industrial thermal loads. The Company is positioned to be an early mover thermal company focused on heat sales, integrating both thermal sales and flexibility into a product and by this making Kyoto highly competitive.
Market & Products
The Company plans to sell and operate Heatcube thermal batteries (the “Heatcube”), enabling industrial consumption of low-cost heat sourced from excess solar and wind energy (excess meaning low-priced electricity). Kyoto will also operate Kyotopia, the SCADA and Energy Management System that manages the consumption of renewable energy, ensuring low cost and CO2 neutrality. Hence, Kyoto aims to offer both a low-cost carbon-neutral heat product to end users and balancing services and flexibility to power producers and grid operators.
Culture and Values
At Kyoto Group our values are our key differentiator and each and every one working with and for us, do our outmost to let our values guide us every day. We Care for our people and our planet. We are Determined to reach our ambition hence we focus on the solutions rather than the problem. We are Enthusiastic and we show passion for what we do.