Business Development & Bid Manager
Would you like to join the next industrial revolution?
Remember the Kyoto Protocol?
Would you like to make green energy available for everyone and be part of one of the coolest companies to revolutionise the delivery of renewable energy? Based on proven technology, we are eager to take part in saving our planet.
Our markets and targets are international, focusing initially on the UK, Germany, Norway, and Spain. Our clients are industries where their heat is needed in the production processes.
About the role
Become an integral part of Kyoto in the role of Business Development & Bid Manager, a recently established position where your responsibilities include crafting compelling and high-quality bid documentation for specific commercial projects. Collaborate closely with the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) and the dedicated commercial team to manage the bid process effectively, contributing significantly to the success of Kyoto's proposals.
The role is located at our Head Office in Lysaker, Oslo. While there is a comparatively limited need for travel, participation in customer meetings is expected.
- Managing the bid process for specific prospects and clients.
- Compiling comprehensive bid documentation encompassing technical, commercial, and planning details.
- Cultivating and managing client relationships.
- Gaining in-depth knowledge and understanding of the client's needs.
- Coordinating internally between the technical, financial, and commercial teams.
- Leading contract negotiations.
- Business Case Calculations
Required skills & experiences
- Relevant experience in (renewable) energy projects and bid processes.
- A solid technical, legal and commercial understanding.
- The ability to build trustworthy internal as well as client relationships.
- A strategic mindset with the ability to execute initiatives effectively.
- A 'can do' attitude and result-driven.
- University/college degree in commercial and/or relevant technical fields.
- 5+ years of experience in similar roles such as Bid or Project Manager.
- Experience in the energy sector and/or heat-intensive industry.
- Experience with EPC and service contract negotiations.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Excel (and PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills.
Who are you?
- Detail-oriented with a focus on quality and accuracy.
- Self-motivated and proactive in addressing customer needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing work environments and customer requirements.
- Passionate about driving the renewable transformation and the decarbonisation of the industry.
- An effective communicator with an excellent level of oral and written English.
- Integrity, self-driven with a hands-on attitude, able to think outside the box.
Interested in joining the team?
Are you eager to embrace a position within a rapidly expanding scale-up enterprise? Our company fosters a culture of mutual concern, collaborative teamwork, and a forward-looking workspace with a horizontal organisational structure. As a united and dedicated team that celebrates diversity, we offer you the exceptional opportunity to make an unprecedented impact on climate change.
We present a compelling package of competitive terms and conditions, supported by a remarkably driven team comprising 12 nationalities and proficient in 13 languages. With a 33% female representation, this team is geographically distributed across three countries.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 2016, Kyoto is a Norwegian company dedicated to harnessing the vast potential of variable renewable energy sources, such as solar and wind power. Our mission is to leverage this clean energy to reduce the CO2 emissions associated with industrial thermal loads significantly. We are pioneering the integration of thermal sales and flexibility into a single product, positioning Kyoto as a competitive leader in the thermal industry. Our unique approach allows us to offer both heat sales and flexibility solutions, making a sustainable future more attainable.
Market & Products
Kyoto's core strategy involves selling and operating Heatcube thermal batteries, which enable industrial consumption of low-cost heat derived from surplus solar and wind energy (i.e., during periods of low-priced electricity). Additionally, Kyoto operates an Energy Management System—a remote-control solution that optimises renewable energy consumption for cost efficiency and carbon neutrality. Our dual focus is to provide end-users with an affordable, carbon-neutral heat product while offering balancing services and flexibility solutions to power producers and grid operators.
Culture & Values
At Kyoto Group, our values are the cornerstone of our identity, guiding our daily actions. We deeply care for our people and planet, reflecting our commitment to a sustainable future. Our unwavering determination fuels our ambition, driving us to focus on solutions instead of problems. We approach every endeavour dedicated to making a positive impact with enthusiasm and passion.