Would you like to join the next industrial revolution?
Remember the Kyoto Protocol?
Would you like to make green energy available for everyone, and be part of one of the coolest companies to revolutionize the delivery of renewable energy?
Based on proven technology, we are eager to take part in saving the globe. Our markets and targets are international, focusing initially on the UK, Germany, Norway, and Spain. Our clients will typically be industries where their production generates heat.
About the role
The Service Engineer is a key operational role responsible for the repair, troubleshooting, root-cause analysis and reactive maintenance of the Heatcube system at various locations. This role provides technical support, assistance, and training to customers, ensuring optimal performance and reliability of the system. The Service Engineer plays a critical role in identifying technical improvements, implementing changes, and troubleshooting issues at customer sites (and remotely).
Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Instructs and supervises repairs, troubleshoots, and maintenance of the Heatcube system at customer locations.
- Provides support and assistance for technical improvements and changes.
- Develop instructions, manuals, and training material for operational and maintenance activities.
- Conduct training sessions to educate customers on the proper usage and maintenance of the Heatcube system.
- Ensure regular maintenance activities to prevent mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- Collaborate with the back office and technical service team for practical and administrative support related to planning, orders, and technical advice.
Required skills & experience
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Master's or bachelor's degree in engineering (Industrial, Chemical, Energy, Process or equivalent)
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience in engineering, commissioning and O&M activities in power plants or oil & gas, or the process industry
- Strong knowledge and experience in instructing and supervising the repair and maintenance of industrial equipment, preferably in the field of heat systems or similar technologies.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting technical issues and implementing effective solutions.
- A proactive and reactive approach to using machines correctly, ensuring efficient and safe operations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to provide support and training to customers.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Willingness to travel frequently to customer sites for on-site service and support.
Who are you?
- Strong technical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on quality and accuracy.
- Self-motivated and proactive in addressing customer needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing work environments and customer requirements.
- Passionate about driving the renewable transformation and the decarbonization of the industry.
- An effective communicator with an excellent level of oral and written English.
- Integrity, self-driven with a hands-on attitude, able to think outside the box.
Interested in joining the team?
Are you eager to embrace a position within a rapidly expanding scale-up enterprise? Our company fosters a culture of mutual concern, collaborative teamwork, and a forward-looking workspace with a horizontal organizational structure. As a united and dedicated team that celebrates diversity, we extend to you the exceptional opportunity to make an unprecedented impact on climate change.
We present a compelling package of competitive terms and conditions, supported by a remarkably driven team comprising 12 nationalities and proficient in 13 languages. With a 30% female representation, this team is geographically distributed across 3 countries.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kyoto is a Norwegian company founded in 2016 to capture and manage the abundant energy from variable renewable sources such as solar and wind power and apply it to reduce the CO2 footprint for industrial thermal loads. The Company is positioned to be an early mover thermal company focused on heat sales, integrating both thermal sales and flexibility into a product and by this making Kyoto highly competitive.
Market & Products
The Company plans to sell and operate Heatcube thermal batteries (the “Heatcube”), enabling industrial consumption of low-cost heat sourced from excess solar and wind energy (excess meaning low-priced electricity). Kyoto will also operate Kyotopia, the SCADA and Energy Management System that manages the consumption of renewable energy, ensuring low cost and CO2 neutrality. Hence, Kyoto aims to offer both a low-cost carbon-neutral heat product to end users and balancing services and flexibility to power producers and grid operators.
Culture and Values
At Kyoto Group our values are our key differentiator and each and every one working with and for us, do our outmost to let our values guide us every day. We Care for our people and our planet. We are Determined to reach our ambition hence we focus on the solutions rather than the problem. We are Enthusiastic and we show passion for what we do.