Lead Mechanical Engineer
Would you like to join the next industrial revolution?
Remember the Kyoto Agreement? So do we.
Based on a proven technology, we are eager to take part in saving the globe. Our markets and targets are international, initially focusing on UK, Germany, Norway and USA, but also locally in Spain. Our clients will typically be industries where their production generates heat.
The role in Kyoto Group's goals for this position:
You will lead a small team accountable for the Mechanical and Engineering discipline within the Technical Office in Sevilla, in coordination with the rest of the Kyoto AS team, located in Norway, UK and in Spain. You will report to the Engineering Coordinator, located in Sevilla.
There are three main purposes of the Technical Office: (i) elaborating in house the manufacturing drawings of main equipment and piping, (ii) elaborating the detailed engineering for subcontracting the supply, manufacturing, installation and commissioning activities elsewhere necessary, (iii) providing technical support throughout the organization (project engineering, manufacturing, supply chain management, assembly and commissioning teams). The duties also include helping research and develop new applications or designs for the Heatcube.
In this context, you will be driving the detailed mechanical and process design, integration design works and mechanical manufacturing engineering designs (equipment and piping). In terms of engineering design, the goal of the Lead Mechanical Engineer is ensuring that such activities comply with international standards (ASME PVBC, ASME B, PED 2014/68/EU, EN, etc.), site or client requirements and project technical specifications.
The role in detail
Kyoto Group AS is assembling an engineering team in Sevilla, to drive the implementation of the Heatcube in the facilities of our customers as well as promoting the continuous improvement of our product. As a Lead Mechanical Engineer you will work with the following:
- Mechanical Engineering – Act in Senior capacity with the team.
- Lead the integration, design and 3D modelling of the project.
- Originate and help develop the main mechanical engineering deliverables, including design, execution and commissioning phases (3D Model, layouts, GA's of pressure vessels, Isometrics, lists, BOQs, technical specifications, procedures, detail drawings, calculations etc).
- Coordination of process engineering design with mechanical design works.
- Ensure that suppliers of equipment and piping comply with company standards, engineering specifications and client requirements, which includes elaborating RFQ, technical comparisons and follow-up of deliverables by vendors.
- Elaborate or lead the elaboration of installation and commissioning procedures as well as operating and maintenance manuals.
- Liaise with other discipline lead engineers.
- Support the Engineering Coordinator to liaise with project management and the rest of the organization.
- Bachelor of Engineering in a relevant discipline.
- The role would suit a candidate with at least eight years' work experience, including roles as a design engineer and project engineer (desirable in oil&gas, energy or chemicals manufacturing).
- Previous experience in specifying pipework, fittings and mechanical items will be highly valued.
- Previous experience using CAESAR II and NAVISWORKS or equivalent will be highly valued.
- Previous experience in molten salts projects will be highly valued.
- An effective communicator with fluency in oral and written English.
- Ability to travel if required.
Office & travel:
The role is located in Seville, Spain. The frequency of travel is limited, but travels will occur.
Why join Kyoto?
We offer you a unique possibility to join the next Norwegian industrial adventure at the same time as you can do more to impact climate change than ever before. We offer highly competitive terms and conditions together with a highly motivated team consisting of 11 nationalities.
How to apply?
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kyoto is a Norwegian company founded in 2016 with the aim to capture and manage the abundant energy from variable renewable sources such as solar and wind power and apply it to reduce the CO2 footprint for industrial thermal loads. The Company is positioned to be an early mover thermal company focused on heat sales, integrating both thermal sales and flexibility into a product and by this making Kyoto highly competitive.
Market & Products
The Company plans to sell and operate Heatcube thermal batteries (the “Heatcube”), enabling industrial consumption of low-cost heat sourced from excess solar and wind energy (excess meaning low priced electricity). Kyoto will also operate Kyotopia, the SCADA and Energy Management System that manages the consumption of renewable energy, ensuring low cost and CO2 neutrality. Hence, Kyoto aims to offer both a low-cost carbon neutral heat product to end users, while offering balancing services and flexibility to power producers and grid operators.
Culture and values
At Kyoto Group our values are our key differentiator and each and every one working with and for us, do our outmost to let our values guide us every day. We Care for our people and our Planet. We are Determined to reach our ambition hence we focus on the solutions rather than the problem. We are Enthusiastic and we show passion for what we do.