Would you like to join the next industrial revolution?
Remember the Kyoto Protocol?
Would you like to make green energy available for everyone and be part of one of the coolest companies to revolutionize the delivery of renewable energy?
Based on proven technology, we are eager to take part in saving our planet. Our markets and targets are international, focusing initially on the UK, Germany, Norway, and Spain. Our clients are industries where their heat is needed in the production processes.
About the role
You will be part of the Technical Office in Sevilla and play a crucial role in our team. Your responsibilities will involve all stages of product development from an engineering perspective, transitioning from research and development to detailed design, manufacture, installation, and final commissioning.
Your primary focus will be driving the design and manufacture of innovative and high-quality mechanical components and most of these activities will involve third-party collaboration.
You will work closely with the technical team located in Norway, the UK, and Spain to ensure that our products meet: Relevant design codes, standards, regulations, and procedures (such as ASME PVBC, TEMA, PED 2014/68/EU, EN, etc.), customer requirements and Kyoto technical specifications.
Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Specifying mechanical equipment and preparing engineering documentation for our projects (mainly pressure vessels and heat exchangers).
- Selecting equipment for procurement, evaluating vendor documentation, and preparing technical bid tabulations.
- Technical management of contracts for equipment, ensuring that are completed on time, within budget, and meeting specified requirements.
- Facilitating the exchange of relevant technical information with other engineering disciplines.
- Participating in design reviews, including Hazop sessions, 3D model reviews, and operability and maintenance assessments.
- Offering technical support throughout the company, i.e., to other engineering disciplines, by attending to Factory Acceptance Tests and by advising on installation and commissioning.
- Handling technical inquiries from customers, suppliers, and partners.
Required skills & experience
- A master’s or bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferably in Industrial, Chemical, Energy, or an equivalent field).
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant engineering experience in projects related to power plants, oil & gas, or the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated expertise in the technical management of pressure vessel and heat exchanger manufacturers (ASME, TEMA, ASTM, EN, etc.).
- Additional experience in molten salts and/or high-temperature services would be advantageous.
- Exposure to any installation site or manufacturing facilities is beneficial, though not mandatory (chemicals, food and beverages, paper and pulp, oil & gas, etc...)
Who are you?
- Strong technical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on quality and accuracy.
- Self-motivated and proactive in addressing customer needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing work environments and customer requirements.
- Passionate about driving the renewable transformation and the decarbonization of the industry.
- An effective communicator with an excellent level of oral and written English.
- Integrity, self-driven with a hands-on attitude, able to think outside the box.
Interested in joining the team?
Are you eager to embrace a position within a rapidly expanding scale-up enterprise? Our company fosters a culture of mutual concern, collaborative teamwork, and a forward-looking workspace with a horizontal organizational structure. As a united and dedicated team that celebrates diversity, we extend to you the exceptional opportunity to make an unprecedented impact on climate change.
We present a compelling package of competitive terms and conditions, supported by a remarkably driven team comprising 12 nationalities and proficient in 13 languages. With a 30% female representation, this team is geographically distributed across 3 countries.
Founded in 2016, Kyoto is a Norwegian company dedicated to harnessing the vast potential of variable renewable energy sources, such as solar and wind power. Our mission is to leverage this clean energy to significantly reduce the CO2 emissions associated with industrial thermal loads. We are pioneering the integration of thermal sales and flexibility into a single product, positioning Kyoto as a competitive leader in the thermal industry. Our unique approach allows us to offer both heat sales and flexibility solutions, making a sustainable future more attainable.
Market & Products
Kyoto's core strategy involves selling and operating Heatcube thermal batteries, which enable industrial consumption of low-cost heat derived from surplus solar and wind energy (i.e., during periods of low-priced electricity). Additionally, Kyoto operates an Energy Management System—a remote-control solution that optimizes renewable energy consumption for cost efficiency and carbon neutrality. Our dual focus is to provide end-users with an affordable, carbon-neutral heat product while offering balancing services and flexibility solutions to power producers and grid operators.
Culture and Values
At Kyoto Group, our values are the cornerstone of our identity, guiding our daily actions. We deeply care for our people and our planet, reflecting our commitment to a sustainable future. Our unwavering determination fuels our ambition, driving us to focus on solutions instead of problems. With enthusiasm and passion, we approach every endeavour, dedicated to making a positive impact.