Would you like to join the next industrial revolution?
Remember the Kyoto Protocol?
Would you like to make green energy available for everyone, and be part of one of the coolest companies to revolutionize the delivery of renewable energy?
Based on a proven technology, we are eager to take part in saving the globe.
Our markets and targets are international, focusing initially on the UK, Germany, Norway, and Spain. Our clients will typically be industries where their production generates heat.
About the role
You will be part of the Technical Office in Sevilla and you will be supervising the mechanical and piping engineering activities, which in some cases will be carried out by third parties. This activity needs to be developed in steady collaboration with the rest of the technical team, located in Norway, Denmark, the UK, and Spain.
In terms of engineering design, the goal of the Mechanical Engineer is to ensure that such activities comply with: (i) relevant design codes, standards, regulations, and procedures (ASME PVBC, ASME B, PED 2014/68/EU, EN, etc.), (ii) client requirements and (iii) the Kyoto technical specifications.
As a Mechanical Engineer in Kyoto, you will be part of the Engineering Department based in Sevilla, with occasional business travels.
- Prepare the main mechanical and piping engineering deliverables, or supervise the development by third parties, such as technical specifications for equipment, technical specifications for piping, pipe supports and fittings, bill of quantities, etc.
- Participate in the 3D modelling of piping and project layouts (3D/2D), in collaboration with senior design engineers.
- Collaborate with the mechanical installation leader and project subcontractors to address interferences, including occasional visits to the installation sites.
- Collaborate and interface with other technical managers and colleagues, so that designs can be released for manufacturing or purchase.
- Represent Kyoto with vendors and subcontractors, as well as occasional attendance to FAT and SAT at shops or projects of mechanical equipment.
- Assist the Project Execution Teams to liaise with suppliers and subcontractors for electrical installation, commissioning, or maintenance works.
Required skills & experience
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Industrial, Chemical, Energy or equivalent)
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience in engineering activities in projects of power plants, oil & gas, or the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in molten salts and/or high-temperature services as well as in mechanical installation activities would be an advantage
- Expertise in any of the following software tools would be highly beneficial: Plant 3D, Caesar, AutoCAD, Inventor, ANSYS Mechanical, and ANSYS Fluent
- An effective communicator with an excellent level of oral and written English
- Entrepreneurial spirit, integrity, self-driven, passion for what you do
Interested in joining the team?
If you are motivated to take on a role in a fast-growing, scale-up company where we care about one another, enjoy working as one team in a progressive work environment, with a flat company hierarchy, and recognize that we are a diverse and committed team, we can offer you the unique possibility to impact climate change more than ever before.
We offer highly competitive terms and conditions with an extremely motivated team of 12 nationalities, speaking 13 languages, 30% female, spread over 4 countries.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kyoto is a Norwegian company founded in 2016 to capture and manage the abundant energy from variable renewable sources such as solar and wind power and apply it to reduce the CO2 footprint for industrial thermal loads. The Company is positioned to be an early mover thermal company focused on heat sales, integrating both thermal sales and flexibility into a product and by this making Kyoto highly competitive.
Market & Products
The Company plans to sell and operate Heatcube thermal batteries (the “Heatcube”), enabling industrial consumption of low-cost heat sourced from excess solar and wind energy (excess meaning low-priced electricity). Kyoto will also operate Kyotopia, the SCADA and Energy Management System that manages the consumption of renewable energy, ensuring low cost and CO2 neutrality. Hence, Kyoto aims to offer both a low-cost carbon-neutral heat product to end users and balancing services and flexibility to power producers and grid operators.
Culture and Values
At Kyoto Group our values are our key differentiator and each and every one working with and for us, do our outmost to let our values guide us every day. We Care for our people and our planet. We are Determined to reach our ambition hence we focus on the solutions rather than the problem. We are Enthusiastic and we show passion for what we do.